Amsterdam, NL - August 26, 2019 -
The Soldier Systems market has progressed from a rudimentary leather protection to a full body suit. The future of the Soldier Systems is expected to be filled with opportunities for the players in this market. The helmet, body armor and the weapons systems including the ammunition contributes to around 50% of the Soldier load. Soldier load is an important factor to determine the fatigue caused to a soldier, which in turn causes stress. The stress factor can lead to errors like friendly fires, the Gulf War is a classic example of this situation. The extreme climatic conditions coupled with lack of adequate rest resulted in catastrophic percentage of friendly fires. The Global average for friendly fires was around 2%, however Gulf War recorded around 26% Friendly firing cases.
Secondly, multiple independent research have pointed out that more than one third of the post war non- combat injuries were linked to musculoskeletal. This has been linked to the body armor and the weight that the Soldiers carry in the battlefield. The need to improve the combat readiness of the Soldier has led to increase in number of equipment carried by the soldier. The weight carried by an US Soldier has increased around 10% between the Vietnam conflict and Afghanistan Conflict. Though equipment like the communication systems are being consolidated, the impact of this would be insignificant because Communication and Radio constitutes around 3% of the Soldiers’ load. The major weight reduction would occur through innovative light weight material usage in Helmet and Armor.
The report titled “Global Soldier Systems- Market and Technology Forecast to 2027
” cover trends across the Target Acquisition & Surveillance, Monitoring, Helmet, Vest, Navigation and Others. The others market include clothing, PPE and Boots to name a few. The Helmet and Vest sub segment are expected to account to around 40% of the total market. It is also important to note that the Helmet and Vest market is open to new players who can deliver innovative solutions.
The three key areas of Soldier Systems are Lethality, Mobility and Survivability, the imbalance of any of these components could result in unwarranted loss of life. The future Soldier Systems is expected to focus on the platform of integration of systems. This would in turn help in areas of Cognitive based decision making, Dismounted Soldier Communication systems, advanced helmet mounted display and continuous Soldier monitoring systems to name a few.
This report titled “Global Soldier Systems - Market and Technology Forecast to 2027
” is segmented based on components, region and application. The components are segmented as Target Acquisition & Surveillance, Monitoring, Helmet, Vest, Navigation and Others. The regional segmentation covers North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East and Rest of the World. The application segmentation consist of Protection, Combat Support and Others.
The Soldier systems market is expected to grow to USD 12.83 Billion in 2027. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3.7%, the current market is estimated at around USD 9.24 Billion. The cumulative market is expected to cross USD 96 Billion during the forecast period. The key driver include the Global Soldier Modernization programs by countries like US, UK, Russia, China and India.
The report titled “Global Soldier Systems - Market and Technology Forecast to 2027” is segmented based on Application, Region and Component The sub segmentation also includes the market segmented by deployment (Integrated and Independent components). The study period of the report is 2017- 2027 and the forecast period is between 2019- 2027.
Reasons to Buy
- The soldier modernization programs are individual Soldier equipment upgrades, like the Communication systems or Improved Tactical Networks. The report gives a comprehensive coverage of this market, it also includes ten major country level programs.
- The technology chapter gives an in-depth coverage of the upcoming technologies, this can be used by technology companies who are considering entry into this market.
- The report would be useful for all tier of players across the Soldier systems market, it would help them understand the market trends in the sector
- The report would help the top management of Soldier Systems manufacturers to identify the potential markets and opportunities.
- The report would be of help to the financial companies who are looking at investing into the Soldier Systems market.
- The report could be used by the strategic planning teams of the Soldier System manufacturers to chart their long-term strategies.