Amsterdam, NL - April 16, 2019 -
The Global Military Ammunition Market is expected to reach USD 20 Billion by 2027 at a CAGR of around 2.5%. The overall technology in the ammunition market has not changed much in the past century. The most important innovation was the use of bullet case to capsulate primer, propellant and the bullet. These were the base for increasing the rate of fire from 3-4 shots per minute to 600 rounds per minute, in case of AK-47. One of the key challenges for innovation in this sector is the complementing link between arm and ammunition sector. Innovations like the Smart Bullets or Macho are developed within the operational parameters of the arms market. However, the innovations in this sector have not been successful in keep pace with the changing battlefield space. The data captured in the report indicates the gap between the ammunition used to number of kills have grown ten times between World War II and the recent conflicts. The modern battlefield is a complex urban environment where door to door combat and search operations are a part of the mission, unlike large open fields of World War II.
The cumulative procurement by US DoD accounted to around USD 18.5 Billion, between 2016-2020. Most of the countries analyzed in the report, like Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Japan, Romania and Poland spend ~50% or more on land-based ammunition programs. The US Army accounts to more than 30% of the total US ammunition procurement. The small ammunition market forms a significant part of the US ammunition market. It is also interesting to note that top ten ammunition types account to 80% of the total US ammunition procurement. The detailed analysis of the US ammunition market is covered as a separate chapter in the report titled "Global Military Ammunition - Market and Technology Forecast to 2027".
The key innovations in the sector includes the use of technology to bridge the gap of skill level gap between a mediocre and an expert marksman. DARPA has been working on a project titled EXACTO, the bullet is capable of shifting directions to hit the target with high precision. DARPA was working with Lockheed Martin on this project. The other innovations in this market include the multi bore gun which is being tested by the US Army. The other innovations are covered in detailed in the Market Technologies chapter.
The study period of the report titled "Global Military Ammunition - Market and Technology Forecast to 2027" is between 2017-2027, however the forecast period is between 2019-2027. The market is segmented based on Region, End User, Application and Product. Please refer to the Table of Content for detailed segmentation in the Market Forecast chapters.
Reasons to Buy
- The report would be of help to investment bankers or other financial institutions who are considering investments in ammunition manufacturing.
- The key market dynamics have been dealt with in detail, these factors are expected to determine the market during the forecast period.
- The chapter title “Opportunity Analysis” covers the areas of high growth, segment wise. In case of Regional Segment, it is expected that the APAC ammunition market would grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- One of the key restraints in the market is the overall troop reduction, the case of UK troop reduction has been covered as an example in this case in the market restraints chapter. The other restraints in this market have also been covered in detailed.
- The report also covers a detailed PEST Analysis and Porter’s Five Forces. An example of the Political influence in this market is the close Geo Political relationship between US and Israel, which in turn helps in seamless ammunition procurement when required, for both the Governments.
- The report also covers a detailed country analysis, this chapter covers around ten countries. The country analysis includes a detailed force wise analysis across five-year period.
- The market forecast chapter covers the market across Region, End User, Application and Product. These segments are further sub segmented .
- The Chapter titled Events Based Forecast covers two Scenarios. The input for the Scenarios has been based on the factors which could impact the market.
- The Company Profiles Chapter covers the major companies in this market, the detailed financial analysis and the recent contracts are amongst the inclusions in the Company Profiles Chapter.
Market Forecast provides intelligence studies for the Defense and Aerospace market for private and public sector organizations.
Our studies display opportunities for our customers to expand in existing markets or to develop new markets and supports them in developing market strategies. All stakeholders, available products, market requirements and new technologies considered.
Market Forecast is a brand of the private owned company ASD Media BV and is located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Europe. The company exists for over ten years and has a long experience with market research, computer models, and online products.
The quality of the analyst is key in our philosophy. Besides the unquestionable required market and analytical skills of our analysts we invest in the development of new data collection and analysis technology to offer market research that is cost-effective, of high quality, up to date and instantly available.
New technology in combination with solid analysts expertise forms market intelligence that creates your competitive advantage.
Mr. Jol Hoeve
1019 HD Amsterdam
(+31) 20 486 7590